Sunday, September 7, 2008

SoTW 3--Correlating.

We aren't starting until after Christmas, but there are a number of things I want to go with our study of history, since I've decided to become serious about this chronological thing.

This post will serve as my list of things to correlate and the resources I've found to help me do that.

SoTW3 starts in the latter half of the 16th Century and ends in 1849 with the Gold Rush.

To correlate:
Timeline Figures by Amy Pak. Already done here.
Kingfisher History Encyclopedia
Child's History of the World by Hillyer.
Both of these are done here (along with tons of other things).
John Haaren, Famous Men of the Modern Times
James Baldwin, Famous Stories (if any).
Jackdaw portfolios.
Books to read.
Science Figures
Art History
Music

And, of course, I want to slip in some concurrent Canadian History. That may be a major challenge! (The chapters with US content are listed here).

If you know of any other resources, I'd love to know, too!

No comments: